Diary of a weary Product Manager: Mid-Lockdown Crisis
life Lockdown Crisis!
At the time of writing this, the hardware stores and nurseries were re-opening…. Unfortunately, the wrong type of nurseries for me and my kids!
My thinking is we’re mid-covid and we have a long way to go. I will probably venture back into the office in the middle of August or maybe September. Work/life balance has me tearing my hair out. I’m trying to do too many things at once… I’m in my own mid-crisis and wait until you see the results.
I blame the media, all this talk about haircuts. Buying the correct type of electric trimmer, doing it yourself, tips from barbers on the radio.
Then this happened!
Like the current government roadmap this is and was a phased approach.
- By the 4th of May the beard made an appearance.
- Before the month was out the electric trimmer carried out the above massacre.
While I immediately realised that I did not need a haircut and regretted my decision, I gradually began to implement a reverse phasing out approach.
The beard was removed. While now I appear more like a hedgehog with gradual hair growth, I feel I’m at least a little more of a professional looking hedgehog.
Finally, I would also like to note that from a family perspective the introduction of the new haircut didn’t get the reaction I was expecting:
- My 3-year-old daughter – “No, I don’t like it.”
- My wife, who originally convinced me “when else are you going to get the chance to do it” is now saying, “it doesn’t suit you.”
- My son – 1 year 2 months – laughed at me!
We all have our own crisis I just can’t wait for Phase 2 in mine, to start growing…